I love being a Massage Therapist. My job is exciting, rewarding, and never boring. People often ask me why I became a massage therapist and why I continue to be one.
I got my first massage on a random Saturday morning of my twentieth year. It was the greatest thing I had ever felt in my life. I couldn’t move. I had drool dripping from my mouth. I had to think about how to tie my shoes. My first massage changed my life.
A couple of years later I got the courage to attend massage school because I wanted to learn how to make people feel the same way.
So why am I still a Massage Therapist?
1. I get to help people feel awesome.
2. I love to see the progress while working with regular clients. My heart soars if they’ve told my a symptom has improved. 🙂
3. I am self-employed. Even though there are days I work long hours and I still work on Saturdays, I have the ability to adjust my schedule in order to meet the needs of my family. (Plus, on a really busy day if I need to rest for 15 minutes I have the perfect room.)
4. I have the opportunity to work with some very special people. My work days are fun and exciting.
5. Stress affects the lives of so many people. Stress over-load can contribute to so many aches, pains and illnesses. I am on a mission to help people improve their quality of life.
6. I enjoy the challenge! The human body is an amazing thing and I get to work with one every day.
7. Continuing Education is a priority for me, both formal and informal. I read every week and take classes every year.
8. I like to help people learn about ways to fight pain and stress.
9. I have clients whose pain would be unbearable if they didn’t get massage. I like to be the one who can give them massage.
10. I like to help people. (Yes, that’s the standard massage school answer, but it’s true.)
11. I get to help people feel awesome!